Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass #4) by Sarah J. Maas


4.5/5 Stars 
Published by Bloomsbury Children's Books
Published September 1, 2015

Synopsis:  The queen has returned.
Everyone Celaena Sardothien loves has been taken from her. But she’s at last returned to the empire—for vengeance, to rescue her once-glorious kingdom, and to confront the shadows of her past…

She has embraced her identity as Aelin Galathynius, Queen of Terrasen. But before she can reclaim her throne, she must fight.

She will fight for her cousin, a warrior prepared to die for her. She will fight for her friend, a young man trapped in an unspeakable prison. And she will fight for her people, enslaved to a brutal king and awaiting their lost queen’s triumphant return.


So this review is gonna be a bit of a shorter, more concise version of the reviews I usually do. As you all know, Queen of Shadows is the fourth installment to the Throne of Glass series. It was incredibly well written and so beautifully constructed, that I still don't get why it took me two months to read this book. Every time I put it down to read a contemporary novel, I would go right back to it and realize what big of a mistake I made by putting it down. The world building is just so extravagant and elaborately set in a place I doubt any of us could have ever imagined possible. Sarah J. Maas is so good at crafting these places down to the tiniest grain of sand, to the largest, cloud tipped mountain.


In this book we're introduced to even more magic and even more badass-ness, that it was nearly impossible to put down once I got about halfway through (because it took me 2 months to get through that first half yikes). We had more fighting, more blood, more steel teeth and claws, and more fire. It was so satisfying to read, yet at times so aggravating. I thought the cast of characters had expanded through means of diversity, to become a close-knit gang of rebels. It was so much fun to be a part of the adventure that this crew went through, that I eventually felt as though I was the one fighting this battle. Queen of Shadows was an awesome installment, despite my hearing of it being a let down. I think if you're still debating continuing on with this series, that you would like the themes in this book a lot more than in, for example, Crown of Midnight or Heir of Fire. However, if you aren't a fan of a certain ship, then I feel bad for you, man *winks* 

2 comments :

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed Queen of Shadows, Lillie! I have yet to finish Heir of Fire...so I can't say much about Queen of Shadows, but I'm super duper happy that you liked Queen of Shadows :)
    Geraldine | Corralling Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Yeah the anti-shippers are in for a rough time here^^ I know a lot of people were let down by this one but it was impossible for me NOT to be BLOWN AWAY by the epic scope here. Everything got more kick-ass and I just couldn't deal. I adored when Aelin and Manon finally met and had their show down ♥ BEST. Glad you enjoyed this too :)

    ReplyDelete