End Of Year Survey!


This is hosted by The Perpetual Page Turner!
all graphics belong to her



Number of Books You Read: Well, I only started using Goodreads in September, but from September to now I've read 42 books! 
Number of Re-Reads: 9 books
Genre You Read The Most From: Young adult fantasy! 


1. Best Book You Read in 2015? 
    Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
    A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
    Passenger by Alexandra Bracken

2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn't? 
    These Broken Stars by Meagan Spooner and Amie Kaufman

3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
    Talon by Julie Kagawa: I really thought this book was going to be something that kept me at the                 edge of my seat what with the plot involving dragons and all, but alas it was quite disappointing. 

4. Book You "Pushed" Most People To Read (And They Did)? 
    Legend by Marie Lu: I've been recommending this book to people for the past 4 years, I'm not stopping now!

5. Best series you started in 2015? Best sequel of 2015? Best series ender of 2015?
    Start: The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
    Sequel: Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas
    Ender: Winter by Marissa Meyer

6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2015?
    Alexandra Bracken

7. Best book from a genre you don't typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
    Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon

8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
    Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
    The Rose Society by Marie Lu

9. Book you read in 2015 that you are most likely to re-read next year?
    The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey (because The Last Star is coming out)
    The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater (all three of them because The Raven King is coming out)

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015?
    These Broken Stars by Meagan Spooner and Amie Kaufman

11. Most memorable character of 2015?
    Thorne from The Lunar Chronicles
   
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015?
     Passenger by Alexandra Bracken

13. Most thought provoking/life changing book of 2015?
    Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon

14. Book you can't believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read?
    Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas

15. Favorite passage/quote from a book you read in 2015?
    "The heart is an arrow. It demands aim to land true." - Six of Crows
    & also everything from Passenger that book is BRILLIANT.

16. Shortest & longest book you read in 2015?
    Shortest: Playlist for the Dead by Michelle Falkoff
    Longest: Winter by Marissa Meyer

17. Book that shocked you the most
    Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard (*screeches*)

18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!) 
    Cresswell, Bluesey, and Rubiam!!

19. Favorite non-romantic relationship of the year
    Cinder and Thorne!

20. Favorite book you read in 2015 from an author you've read previously
    The Rose Society by Marie Lu

21. Best book you read in 2015 that you read based SOLELY on a recommendation from somebody else/peer pressure
    Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas

22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2015?
    TAMLIN 

23. Best 2015 debut you read?
    Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard

24. Best world-building/most vivid setting you read this year?
    Anything by Sarah J. Maas

25. Book that put a smile on your face/was the most fun to read?
    Harry Potter re-reads and Cress by Marissa Meyer

26. Book that made you cry or nearly cry in 2015?
    The Darkest Minds and Passenger by Alexandra Bracken + Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas

27. Hidden gem of the year?
    
28. Book that crushed your soul?
    Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas - yo my soul was crushed

29. Most unique book you read in 2015?
    Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon

30. Book that made you the most mad (doesn't necessarily mean you didn't like it)?
    Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater; that ending ... no bueno for my heart


1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2015?
    Well considering I created my blog this year and I've met loads of great bloggers, I'm gonna have to cheat a little and say everyone's! Each and everyone of them is unique.

2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2015?
    I'm quite proud of my The Raven Boys review and my Passenger review! 

3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
    I really liked my BBCP post From Screen to Page.

4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
    YALLFEST

5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2015?
    Posting my very first review! Also, meeting some of my favorite authors at YALLFest!

6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
    Balancing the struggles of my senior year in high school and all the books I wanna read/the posts I wanna write.

7. Most popular post this year on your blog (whether it be by comments or view)?

8. Post you wished got a little more love? 
    My Harry Potter posts!

9. Best bookish discovery (book related sites, book stores, etc)?
    BOOKOUTLET

10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you set for yourself at the beginning of the year?
    Well since I started blogging at the end of July, I didn't set any goals for myself. However, simply keeping up with blogging and the whole shebang while focusing on college applications and school has been an incredible accomplishment for me.


1. One book you didn't get to in 2015 but will be your number 1 priority in 2016?
     A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab!

2. Book you are most anticipating for 2016 (non-debut)?
    LADY MIDNIGHT BY CASSANDRA CLARE

3. 2016 debut you are most anticipating?
    Ivory and Bone by Julie Eshbaugh
    These Vicious Masks by Kelly Zekas and Tarun Shanker
    The Crown's Game by Evelyn Skye
    Dreamology by Lucy Keating
    The Serpent King by Jeff Zenter
    Into the Dim by Janet B. Taylor
    The Girl From Everywhere by Heidi Heilig 
    The Love That Split The World by Emily Henry

4. Series ending/a sequel you are most anticipating in 2016?
    The Raven King and A Court of Mist and Fury

5. One thing you wish to accomplish or do in your reading/blogging life in 2016?
    Complete all my challenges and goals that I set!

6. A 2016 release you've already read and recommend to everyone
    PASSENGER BY ALEXANDRA BRACKEN 

How did your 2015 sum up? Wishing you all the best New Year!! :) 

9 comments :

  1. haha NOOOOO you are team Tamlin? I'm Rhysand all the way! I totally loved Six of Crows though! It was amazing! I can't wait until Crooked Kingdom. A lot of people loved Inej and Kaz but I was particularly partial to Nina and Matthias :) Did you read The Grisha Trilogy? Amazing post! Seems like you had a great reading year!

    http://novelsandnecklaces.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH MY GOSH ME TOO! Rhysand all the way, I agree! There's something about him that attracts me so much. I can't wait for the sequel to come out next year!

      Delete
    2. In all honesty I would prefer Tamlin for myself, but I really did love Tamlin and Feyre together! Maybe with ACOMAF I will be swayed ... ;p

      Delete
  2. I AM SO EXCITED FOR LADY MIDNIGHT. Hands down, the Throne of Glass series was the best series I read this year! And you're not alone in Crown of Midnight. That book was souls crushing! But then again, Queen of Shadows left me in a puddle of feels. And a month-long hangover!
    Trying to balance blogging and senior year in high school was a struggle this year for me too! But we're alive and we go through it... Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY for all the Raven Boys and Throne of Glass love! I have to tell you I had a blast keeping up on your progress and reading your reviews as you worked your way through some of my all-time favourite books/series! :D I WILL READ Bracken in 2016 and hopefully I will get my hands on Legend too! Oh and I loved your Harry Potter posts <3 Happy New Year Lillie and I wish you nothing but the best in 2016, in books, blogging and real life! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you read Bracken you gotta keep me updated! Tweet me, DM me, anything!! :D

      Delete
  4. I agree that Winter was the best series finale! I do believe it's the best series finale that I have ever read. The Rose Society was SO GOOD!! I think it was even better than the first one. I loved The Legend series, but I think I like this newest series even more. I still need to read the Throne of Glass series. I loved A Court of Thorn and Roses, so I am sure I will love Throne of Glass.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LADY MIDNIGHT LADY MIDNIGHT LADY MIDNIGHT LADY MIDNIGHT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, thanks for following me. I'm glad to be "meeting" you - this is a great time of year to be introduced to a new blog! :-)

    So sorry you didn't love These Broken Stars - I did, but we can't all agree on ALL the books, right? I haven't read ANY of your top three books - yet - but I definitely plan to! I got Six of Crows for Christmas, so that ones high on my priority list!
    Feel free to link this post up to my Monthly (and, this month, Year-End) Wrap-Up Round-Up if you're interested!

    ReplyDelete