Top Ten Characters I Couldn't Click With


I've been watching this meme float around a lot, so I've finally decided to join in the fun! This meme was created by The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday there is a new list that involves all things books! 

Ten characters I just didn't click with

1. Ember from the Talon Chronicles by Julie Kagawa: I just could not connect with her character at all. She was constantly complaining and whining over petty things, it was impossible to click with her.

2. America Singer from The Selection Series by Kiera Cass: Although there were redeeming qualities about America, she will always be remembered as the indecisive, infuriating protagonist that she is.

3. Miles "Pudge" Halter from Looking For Alaska by John Green: If you've read the book, we all know that as soon as 'After' hits, Miles becomes very obnoxious about a certain situation. He was alright during the first part of the book, but then his character just gets messy.

4. Professor Umbridge from Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling: Must I elaborate?

5. Aspen Leger from The Selection Series by Kiera Cass: Aspen just had a reputation for showing up and opening his mouth at the worst possible time. Plus, I felt like his character was way too clingy for my taste. 

6. Thomas from the Legend Trilogy by Marie Lu: He was so two-faced! 

7. Teresa from The Maze Runner Series by James Dashner: It was really hard for me to pinpoint what exactly her point in this story was. I enjoyed her in The Maze Runner, but her appearance anytime after was just so unnecessary to me. 

8. Mal from The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo: Silly little Mal. I didn't like his immediate change in feelings --- that has never worked on me. He grew on me in Ruin and Rising (surprisingly) and eventually I found myself cheering for him, but I never established a connection to his character. 

9. Bella Swan from The Twilight Saga by Stephanie Meyer: Dearest Bella, you made me so angry in New Moon, I just wished you would get a grip. 

No comments :

Post a Comment